- Our coconut oil is 100% pure, cold pressed, chemical-free, preservative-free and healthy
- We use the best quality coconut copras procured from highly ethical farmers in small batches, and each lot is physically verified for the quality.
- We extract coconut oil in Kachi Ghani’s by wood pressing the seeds, this method ensures that all the nutrients and the rich flavour of coconut is retained since the Ghani moves at a very slow speed of 4-7 rounds a minute and therefore almost no heat is generated at any point.
- Contains anti-bacterial, anti-viral & anti-inflammatory properties
- Can be used as a healthier substitute for butter
- Better substitute for refined coconut oil as no chemicals and preservatives are used.
Coconut oil contains medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs). These are fatty acids that are quickly absorbed and can increase the number of calories you burn .
Controlled studies have shown that MCTs can significantly boost your metabolic rate — at least temporarily.
One study found that 15–30 grams of MCTs increased the number of calories burned by an average of 120 over a 24-hour period.
Coconut oil has a very high saturated fat content. In fact, about 87% of its fat is saturated.
This feature makes it one of the best fats for high-heat cooking, including frying.
Saturated fats retain their structure when heated to high temperatures, unlike the polyunsaturated fatty acids found in vegetable oils.
Oils such as corn and safflower are converted into toxic compounds when heated. These may have harmful effects on health.
Therefore, coconut oil is a safer alternative for cooking at high temperatures.
Coconut oil can be a powerful weapon against bacteria, including Streptococcus mutans, the bacteria in your mouth that causes dental plaque, tooth decay, and gum disease.
In one study, swishing with coconut oil for 10 minutes — known as oil pulling — reduced these bacteria as effectively as rinsing with an antiseptic mouthwash.
In another study, swishing daily with coconut oil significantly reduced inflammation and plaque in teenagers with gingivitis (inflamed gums).
Research shows that coconut oil improves dermatitis and other skin disorders at least as well as mineral oil and other conventional moisturizers.
In a study in children with eczema, 47% of those treated with coconut oil noticed major improvements .
The MCTs in coconut oil are broken down by your liver and turned into ketones, which can act as an alternative energy source for your brain.
Commercial mayonnaise often contains soybean oil and added sugar.
However, it’s easy to make your own mayo with coconut oil or olive oil.
The second recipe on this list uses coconut oil as one of the fats for a healthy homemade mayonnaise.
Coconut oil has been shown to raise cholesterol levels in some people.
However, its strongest and most consistent effect is an increase in “good” HDL cholesterol.
One study in women with abdominal obesity found that HDL increased in a group consuming coconut oil, whereas it decreased in those consuming soybean oil.
Homemade dark chocolate is a delicious way to get coconut oil’s health benefits.
Just remember to store it in the refrigerator or freezer, since coconut oil melts at 76°F (24°C).
It’s easy to find a recipe online and get started. To keep things healthy, look for sugar-free ideas.
Coconut oil may help reduce belly fat — also known as visceral fat — which is linked to increased health risks, such as heart disease and type 2 diabetes .
In one study, obese men lost 1 inch (2.54 cm) from their waist fat by adding 2 tablespoons (1 ounce or 30 ml) of coconut oil to their diet.
Another study looked at women on calorie-restricted diets. Those who took 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of coconut oil per day had a decrease in waist size, while the soybean-oil group noticed a slight increase.
The medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) in coconut oil may help reduce hunger, leading to a spontaneous decrease in calorie intake.
In a small study, men who followed a high-MCT diet took in fewer calories and lost more weight than men who ate diets with low or medium MCT content .
Commercial salad dressings are often loaded with sugar and preservatives.
Coconut oil makes a delicious addition to healthy, homemade salad dressings.
Candida albicans is the fungus responsible for yeast infections, which commonly occur in warm, moist areas of the body, such as the mouth or vagina.
Test-tube studies suggest that coconut oil may help fight candida infections.
Researchers found coconut oil to be as effective as fluconazole, the antifungal medication typically prescribed for candida infections (32Trusted Source).
Several animal studies show that eating coconut oil provides strong anti-inflammatory effects.
Human studies suggest that eating coconut oil may reduce markers of oxidative stress and inflammation, especially when compared to highly unsaturated oils. However, more research is needed.
Coconut oil contains medium-chain triglyceride fatty acids, which are digested differently than the long-chain triglycerides found in most foods.
These fats go directly from your gut to your liver, where they can be used as a quick source of energy that won’t raise blood sugar levels.
Arthritis is characterized by pain and immobility of the joints due to inflammation.
Animal research suggests that antioxidants called polyphenols found in coconut oil may be able to relieve some symptoms of arthritis.
A study in rats with arthritis found that treatment with polyphenols from coconut oil reduced swelling and several inflammatory markers.
However, there is no evidence that the lower levels of these polyphenols found in coconut oil have the same effects.
Animal research has found that the saturated fats in coconut oil can help protect your liver from damage due to alcohol or toxin exposure.
In one study, mice treated with coconut oil after exposure to a toxic compound had a decrease in inflammatory liver markers and increased activity of beneficial liver enzymes.
Ayurvedic Uses of Wood Pressed Coconut Oil
- Hair & Body Massage: Warm a small amount and apply the oil and gently massage it into your hair and body. Let it absorb 30-45 minutes and let the oil remove oil impurities and finally a warm shower.
- Oil Pulling: Take a tablespoon of our wood pressed coconut oil into your mouth and squish for up to 20 minutes. Follow by rinsing with warm water. Do it every day to for improved mouth hygiene along with your usual everyday brushing routine.
- Nasya Treatment: Gently massage a bit of our cold pressed coconut oil into your nostrils followed by pinching and releasing the nostrils breathing sharply to protect your nose and sinuses.